Rain, Rain, Go Away
Flooded basements are a common catastrophe homeowner's experience due to substanial amounts of rain. It's important to mitigate the loss as soon as possible to prevent further damage and mold growth.
You can trust our experienced team to take care of you and your needs. We're here to help make it "Like It Never Even Happened." Call us at 812-574-5744
How To Prepare For A Storm
With technology today, we can usually predict when a large storm is going to hit. Here are some helpful tips to prepare you and your loved ones for a storm.
Tune into your local weather radio station, TV channel, or app.
Depending on the type of storm, you must evaluate your situation.
Create an emergency plan.
Prepare an emergency kit. Each kit should include:
Prepare your home.
Make sure your insurance is adequate
Learn how to safely turn off your power, gas, and water
Remove tree branches or other dangers close to your home
Check your roof and gutters clear
What is Mitigation?
1. Mitigation enables people to recover more quickly from a disaster.
2. Mitigation lessens the financial impact of disasters.
3. As mitigation specialists, SERVPRO of Madison, Lawrenceburg & Versailles focuses on reducing loss, enabling quick recoveries and lessening costs involved with restoration of property damage events.
Without mitigation the following could take place:
1. A longer amount of time the homeowner is inconvenienced.
2. A longer amount of time business is interrupted.
3. The potential for mold growth.
4. The loss of personal valuable and beloved belonging.
5. Increase in insurance.
One of the keys to mitigation is our immediate response!
The quicker you call, THE BETTER!
1. Less wood and drywall saturation
2. Less delamination
3. Reduced carpet and furniture stains
4. Fewer warping hardwood floors
5. Less mold/mildew
6. Less contents damage
Give us a call TODAY at 812-574-5744 for you mitigation services.
We are proudly serving Dearborn, Jefferson, Ohio and Switzerland counties.
How Can I Prevent Mold?
Mold is an extremely serious topic, and one that we receive many calls regarding. Our research shows that these suggestions below can help prevent mold from entering your home.
- Humidity levels need to be low, humidity is a breading ground for mold.
- Be sure to use an air conditioner or a dehumidifier during humid months.
- Exhaust fans can help with ventilating your house.
- Mold inhibitors can be added to paints before you use them.
- Do not have carpet in bathrooms.
- If you carpets or upholstery becomes wet, remove them or dry them out if you are able.
At SERVPRO of Madison, Lawrenceburg & Versailles we are known for our drying skills. Let us help you with that, call us today at 812-574-5744. We always answer, 24/7/365
Fire Damage Tips
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
What NOT To Do After A Fire
- Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting your SERVPRO Franchise Professional.
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
- Don't use any canned or packaged food or beverages that may have been stored near the fire, heat or water.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. The wiring may be damaged.
- Don't send garments to an ordinary dry cleaner. Improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
Madison, Lawrenceburg & Versailles 24 Hour Emergency Water Damage Service
MADISON, LAWRENCEBURG AND VERSAILLES
SERVPRO of Madison, Lawrenceburg & Versailles provides 24 hour fire and water damage restoration service in Jefferson, Switzerland, Ripley, Ohio and Dearborn counties.
We specialize in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property. Our staff is highly trained and use advanced equipment and techniques to clean and restore your home.
We are available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. In fact, it's the cornerstone of our business. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help (812) 574-5744
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.