Keep yourself safe against home electrical fires.
SERVPRO of Madison, Lawrenceburg and Versailles has seen a rise in house fires causes by an electrical malfunction in recent months. Understanding common causes and warning signs is very important. Make sure all electrical wiring installed correctly, do not overload the circuits and don't use defective or improper plugs. Make sure that you perform scheduled maintenance. Try to recognize the warning signs of possible electrical problems, such as, flickering or dimming lights, switches or outlets that are hot to the touch, look for discolored cords, outlets and switch plate covers.
Some other helpful tips for avoiding an electrical fire are to ensure that all electrical modifications are performed by a licensed professional. Inspect and repair outlets and switches, replace malfunctioning or outdated fuses and circuit breakers. Don't run cords underneath carpeting and discard any frayed or broken cords and never splice two cords together.
Electrical fires are among the most dangerous forms of combustion due to how quickly they can spread and grow out of control. By following the information above, you can help reduce the chances of an electrical fire occurring in your home.